Saturday, July 23, 2011

Keeping it Simple

Image representing Primadesk as depicted in Cr...Image via CrunchBaseI had no idea how many online services I was subscribed to. I mean, I was peripherally aware that I have a Google account, when I sign into gmail or Google+, and that I have a Yahoo account, when I answer a question on Yahoo Answers, but it wasn't until I signed up for the beta of a new service called PrimaDesk that I finally realised just how much of me is spread across the interwebs on how many different platforms.
PrimaDesk is meant to be your single integrated desktop to access all your web storage and email accounts. Some of you might remember or use similar services which collate your instant messaging. Well, this does the same with Yahoo, Google, Gmail, BoxNet, Dropbox, Flickr, Facebook, Picassa etc etc.

I regularly use Gmail, and all my new messages appear in PrimaDesk, next to my Yahoo mail and LiveMail accounts, reminding me that I haven't checked either of the last two in a couple of weeks.  I have found photographs that I thought I had lost months ago, forgetting I even had them in Flickr (I had forgotten I had a Flickr account...).  I can integrate my cloud storage (which consists of free accounts at DropBox, BoxNet, Google Docs and a couple of others) and drag and drop files to and from any cloud storage space to any other, and to and from my local files.  I have been using it for about half a day and I already love it.

All I want now is for the page to integrate IM accounts and I have all I need.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment